Serum replacement for all animal cell culture
XerumFree™ is a serum replacement for all animal cell culture practices that is chemically defined and thus
avoids lot-to-lot variations. It has been developed taking into account what is
missing in the existing basal cell culture media to sustain the growth
requirements of all cell types - a nutritional approach at the cellular
XerumFree™ benefits compared to conventional serum containing media:
- It is produced in the Netherlands and cGMP certified
- As it is chemically defined there are no lot–to–lot variations and thus skips the need for testing new batches of serum.
- No interference of unknown serum compounds in your research.
- Does not contain hormones or growth factors which could bias your research data.
- For the absence of animal derived products XerumFree™ is FDA–friendly.
- Avoids ethical issues which are a real, little known problem with the use of FBS.
XerumFree™ is certified to deliver.
It is produced under cGMP. The production takes place in the Netherlands at a site licensed for medicinal products by the Dutch Ministry of Health. We have a.o. statements available for: TSE/BSE-free, animal free, certification of origin.